Sunday, March 30, 2008

sad news

"onyx", 2007-Aug-09, Aegean Sea, Izmir
Today, I received the sad news that Caroline had died on Friday in her sleep. Caroline Skilbred was one of the first people I met on MFT internet photographic community and I enjoyed her critiques of my images. It's heart breaking to hear the sad news... Caroline was always generous with her time and patient with her comments & answers. I can only imagine what a lucky gift it must have been to know her in person. She will be missed and remembered as truly a remarkable character. My condolences go out to his family...
The last critique she made on my above image "onyx":

"I just love pictures like this. Brave of you to make it black and white (I have the impression that most don't dare to convert such minimalist seascapes into b&w). :-) Relaxing and meditative picture."

No comments: